Thursday, November 10, 2011

Revival.

I am getting better at creating environments that activate my brain to it's maximum... CPU usage, if I may say. Showers for example.

(Eureka!)

Then there is darkness. I have been in a relationship with darkness since my teenage years. More so with moonlit darkness. I have resorted to it in my best moments and my worst. It amps my brain like no other.

Many a notes and poems have been written in the dark. I have made sure that I have writing aids within reach of my bed always. The more I think about it, the more I realize that for complete darkness to ensue, all shiny gadgets need to be turned off. Considering how many waking hours we spend with these electronics, it makes complete sense that I have my revelation-ary moments in darkness.

(Moon playing peek-a-book at the Hills)

"I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo, and if an echo sounded, no matter how faintly, I would send other words to tell, to march, to fight, to create a sense of hunger for life that gnaws in us all.” - Richard Wright

...and I mean, quite literally also.

P.S: Absolutely FTW Viral link of the week - http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/11/starling-flock/