Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Random thoughts

(because I can. there.)

I was in a Jewel-Osco, the HEB of Chicago apparently (What sort of a name is that anyway, oh how I miss you, Austin). So, I was in a Jewel-Osco, doing my first round of groceries in cold cold Chicago. I caught myself in front of an aisle of Planters roasted nuts. I was eyeing the cashews. Those delicious boxful of salted, roasted cashews. I talked myself out of it after some 5 minutes. Yes, 5 long minutes, and got something that was a mix of a few (roman numeral-ed) cashews bundled into something called a south-beach diet mix. Ew. Over the past 3 weeks I have noticed I carefully picked out all the cashews and devoured them. Now I am left with a box full of roasted almonds and macadamia nuts (which apparently taste good ONLY in a white chocolate chip cookie), not wanting to eat them anymore.

Why again did I talk myself out of a full box of only cashews?

~

The moon looks gorgeous today. Eid-ka-chand gorgeous. I usually listen to NPR/Chicago public radio while driving to/from work, but today I was playing all Hindi songs. That didn't help the mood at all. There was the drop-dead-gorgeous Eid-ka-Chand and mushy Bollywood songs, inspiring me to come up with mildly poetic, mildly(much to my chagrin) Urdu dohey. It kept reminding me of a night that I walked along a beach. I guess it was all the moonlight from the night.

~

I love Coupling (the BBC version). love it. What humour. No one judgmental of the other or touchy of what one says. I need that - not being touchy. I am out of touch with it. I am out of touch with being myself. That should change in 2011!
Anyways, Jane - a character in the show. She is so extremely annoying that she is my favourite! :D