Friday, August 15, 2008

I wish I was four again!

We have this tiny walk around in the apartment complex, I walked with mom for a while and saw this cute little kid sitting on this wrought iron bench near the volleyball court, so I went and sat with him instead. He was waiting for his dad to get done with his play-time.

I love kids who can talk, I think they are the smartest kind. So all kids ages 2-6 are total darlings.

This Indian kiddo was no disappointment. I conversed with him.

May I sit with you?
no. -with the cutest smile-
(now How would I take that no?! it was the best rejection of my life i tell you!)

We talked about his name, his parents' names and his sister's name etc.

so how old are you, Ryan?
four

so how old is your sister?
six. she was five, she turned six in july.

[now his fledgling male ego kicks in :P he immediately goes, "I turned four in april", how can he be three when his turned six from five? right!]

really??!
when did you turn four?
when i was three! -with a cute duh face and a broad grin too, mind you!-

now i had to come up with a smarter question right.
so i wentwhat's your birth date?
april 24th.

oh wow!! mine is 5 days after yours! -smiles-

i was flattered that he smiled alright.

we talked a little more

what are you gonna do when you go home?

i will play with my earthworm, and feed it food.
eww isnt that stickly and slimy?
nooooo -smiles again and grins-

and then dad tells me, the kiddo catches all sorts of insects and he feeds them food, whether they want it or not. he addes grass, "sugar", what not! Look like Ryan loves sugar and figured he should share his treats, hehe.

So now they have to go.

ok then bye Ryan i will see you tomorrow?
NO (with a smile again)

He made my day :D I dont think I was this happy to be dedicating a blog post after a conversation fullll of rejections.